Thursday, July 06, 2006

Introduction

So, I'm off to Antarctica. How did this happen?

I'm an environmental engineer, currently working for a Government department in South Wales. Mountains and travel have always been an important part of my life, and back in January I thought I'd like to combine this with my career, so applied to the British Antarctic Survey (BAS).

This landed me an interview in February, which was unsuccessful. However, at the end of June another position became available which BAS offered to me. Naturally, I jumped at it!

What's happening now?

Due to the short notice, I'm changing jobs in 2 weeks' time! I've handed in my notice at work and am preparing to live out of my van until I get a flat sorted in Cambridge. There's a busy but fantastic training schedule, taking me up to October when I leave for the south. More on that later. Right now the packing tape is calling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home